This half timber house was built as early as 1845 for Peter Sinz and his wife Barbara. They were part of an immigrant group that arrived here in 1842. The house is characterized by heavy squared timbers that have pegged mortise and tenon joints. Each timber had a code chiseled into it. Roman numerals, slash and peck marks were made to position the frame for reassembly. In the squares are interwoven twigs & branches that were filled with a mixture of clay and rye straw as a binder. Valentine Wolf purchased the house and ten acres from Peter in 1854. There he made shoes and boots and then sold them from the circa 1870 stone addition located on the north side of the home.
This home received Germantown Historic Designation in 2010