Philip, a German immigrant, arrived and purchased 120 acres in 1845. His marriage to Catherine Lebkuechler the following year was one of the first marriages performed at the newly formed St. Boniface Church. The present Victorian style home was built in 1893 by Philip Jr. to replace the original home that burned in a fire while he and his wife had gone to market in Cedarburg. Vernon Kauth, a member of the family’s fourth generation, was the first Village Clerk and held town meetings in their home around a circa 1840s kitchen table that the family still uses today. This homestead has been continually owned & cared for by five generations of the Kauth family since 1845.
This homestead received Germantown Historic Designation in 2008.